Water Heaters, Don’t Let Them Be Your Problem
Hot water, we all love it! Especially after a long stressful day at work, or during the cold winter months. There’s nothing better than a nice hot bath to relax your muscles or dethaw your toes from the tundra. But like many household conveniences we only appreciate them until they’ve stopped working. Who likes cold baths or showers? Gross! Or worse damage through out your home? Not fun! It’s up to you as the homeowner to make sure you’re getting your water heater replaced and maintained in a timely manner.
Here’ what you need to know:
1. Water heaters are the most costly component of your plumbing system. You’ll want to fix it before it dies.
2. When a water heater has sediment build up the mineral layer insulates the water from the burner, forcing it to run longer to heat the water, causing it to overheat and deteriorate the tank.
3. You can get rust that corrodes in the tank causing water to be rusty, or worse causing water to link inside your home.
4. The older the water heater gets, the more worn out it gets causing too much internal pressure. And what happens when there is too much internal pressure? POP! Causing the tank to explode, becoming a bomb or a rocket. This would not be fun to happen inside your home…
5. More than two-thirds of all water heater failures are due to a slow leak or sudden burst of the tank.
6. The average age at failure is at 10.7 years
As you can see you’ll really start to miss your hot water if one of those events happens to you. Lets not get that far. Be sure to keep the maintenance up on your water heater through out it’s life span to avoid any of these unfortunate events from happening. The average life span of a water heater is 8-12 years so you’ll want to replace it before it’s too late.
Here at Bankers we understand there is no quick and easy fix for a hot water tank. Call a plumber right away to see if it needs to be replaced. You’ll want to do this as soon as possible to prevent any damage that could occur to your home. In the event you need to place a claim call your Bankers Insurance Agent right away at 888-465-5515 and have your documents ready. We are here ready to take your calls and assist you in anyway.