Insurance is a complicated purchase. When protecting your greatest asset, your home or your business, you want to make sure you have the right coverage at the right price. But where do you go to sort through all this mind-boggling information?
Independent insurance agents are here to help simplify your life when it comes to making those important decisions.
1. They are a one-stop shop. An independent insurance agent often provides you with all of your coverage needs at once, limiting the number of companies you have to deal with. For instance, if you want car insurance, home insurance and commercial insurance for your small business, they could provide you with all the coverage you need in one phone call. Not to mention the knowledge they have about potential bundling discounts that can save you money.
2. They provide choices. Independent insurance agents are not tied to one specific insurance company, they can sell policies from an array of different insurance carriers. This is what gives them the ability to provide you with the best coverage at the best price. They will save you time from filling out a bunch of different online applications to receive a plethora of different quotes. With their knowledge and connections, agents can often find you better quotes than you will see online. Let them become your own personal shopper.
3. They are licensed experts. Independent agents are required by the state to be licensed as insurance experts. That allows them to be able to explain the complexity of the insurance world in simpler terms, which in turn, helps you make smarter decisions. They make a career out of supplying you with the best coverage that suits your needs at the best price, and they represent you to the insurance carrier. Why wouldn’t you want to work with them?
4. They provide the best value for your dollar. All carriers aren’t created equal, giving independent agents the ability to find the best carrier, at the best value, that will provide you with the best coverage when the unexpected happens. With multiple quoting platforms they can compare coverage features along with prices, to make sure you are getting the most appropriate coverage for your needs. They also provide great customer service; they are more personable, provide a quicker turn around, and care for you like you are their neighbor. You are not just another consumer, you are their friend and they treat you as such. Independent agents are here to help you make the best decision for you and your family.
5. They are advisors. While they find you competitive pricing they also make sure you have the right coverage to suit your needs. Having an agent work directly with you, allows them to formulate a policy that fits your specific needs. They understand the ins and outs of an insurance policy and can help you avoid those traps and pitfalls that can cost you time and money. For instance, they can advise how to mitigate your risks, allowing for lower premiums and lessening the likelihood of a loss affecting your family or your business.
6. They can be your advocate. If you need to change your coverage, have a claim or a question about your policy, your independent agent can be your advocate and work with the insurance carrier for you.
7. They provide you protection and peace of mind. Above all, working with an independent insurance agent will provide you peace of mind. You can rest assured you have a dedicated professional work for what’s best for you and your family.
8. They are involved in the community. Many independent insurance agents are heavily involved in the community. They give back in many ways, such as sponsoring sports teams, giving to a local charity and supporting local businesses. They also form solid relationships with the local businesses, possibly giving you the opportunity for referrals to other local services and products. Being heavily involved in the community also helps them gain local knowledge on what happens in your area. For instance, they are more likely to understand the weather patterns in your area and what type of claims are more likely to happen. With that knowledge they are able to educate you on storm preparedness to help reduce your risks and protect your assets.
Don’t try to navigate the choppy waters of insurance alone. Having an independent insurance professional to steer the ship can make your life so much easier. Find a Bankers agent today!