8 Holiday Decorating and Safety Tips For A Beautiful Home
While decorating and getting into the holiday spirit this year, don’t forget about these 8 Holiday Decorating and Safety tips for a beautiful home.
8 Holiday Decorating and Safety Tips:
- Try using a plastic-coated paperclip to hang ornaments instead of the metal hooks they come with. The plastic coating will prevent unwanted scratches on the ornaments.
- Hanging a wreath? Drive a small screw at the very top of the door, only halfway in. Then tie a fishing line around the screw and tie your wreath to the other end of the fishing line, then drive the screw in completely to secure it.
- If you are using an artificial tree, don’t forget to check the label and make sure it is fire resistant.
- Be sure to keep all trees at least 3 feet away from fireplaces, radiators, etc.
- If you do have a real tree, be sure to cut 2 inches off the trunk so it can better absorb water.
- Instead of using real candles, consider using fake ones, you can remove the fire hazard altogether.
- Plug in your lights before you start hanging them along the house or tree and be sure to use indoor lights and outdoor lights properly (indoor for indoor, outdoor for outdoor).
- When hanging outdoor lights, consider using clothespins, zip ties, or specialty clips to avoid nailing or drilling through the house and the electric cord of the lights.
We hope these tips make your holiday decorating easier and safer!